Common Modules (Canvas)
The Common Modules are Canvas modules optionally provided as a template for college instructors to use to build their own courses. The modules include a welcome page, an orientation module, weekly content units, and instructor resources. Each page includes tips and instructions for how to edit and customize the page.
Ethics in Public Service (Rise 360)
This self-paced, asynchronous course was designed for public service professionals in Articulate Rise using content from the Washington State Executive Ethics Board. Ethics in Public Service is an interactive and engaging course with intermittent knowledge checks and a final summative assessment using multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions. This course went through several layers of review with internal stakeholders.
Self-paced asynchronous compliance course developed in Articulate with custom materials from the Health & Safety Specialist and a faculty member.
Self-paced asynchronous compliance course developed in Articulate with materials from the Registrar.
Mandatory Reporter Video Tutorial
This narrated screencapture video was made with Screencast-o-matic. It explains how to create an account to access mandatory reporter training.
Another narrated screencapture video made with Screencast-o-matic. This one explains how to submit grades.
My approach to instructional design is rooted in my experience as a community college instructor and as a librarian who has answered hundreds of questions from adult learners representing a wide array of backgrounds. I begin from a place of empathy and I look at all learning experiences from the perspective of a busy professional who is juggling multiple responsibilities. My end goal is always to design a well-organized, accessible, and inclusive learning experience that honors participants’ needs and skills.
Learning Management Systems
- Canvas: 10+ years of experience.
- Bridge: 3+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of Blackboard, Moodle, Desire2Learn, Sakai, and others.
Screen Capture Tools
- Comfortable working with a variety of screen capture tools, including Screencast-o-matic, Camtasia, and others.
- Able to apply a variety of models to course design and development, including Universal Design for Learning (UDL), ADDIE, backwards design, Kirkpatrick model for evaluation, etc.
- Able to apply and train others in accessible design principles for online learning, including text formatting, alternate formats, descriptive text for images and diagrams, captioning, high-contrast design, and more.
- 4 years of experience designing eLearning courses in Articulate 360 suite, including Articulate Rise and Storyline.
- Certified Microsoft Office Specialist in Word, Outlook, and Excel.
From Quality Matters (QM)
- Applying the QM Rubric
- QM Peer Reviewer Course
From the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
- Canvas 101
- Accessibility 101
- OER 101