- Fisher, Z., Krueger, S. G., Malamud, R. G., & Patillo, E. (2019). What it means to be out: Queer, trans, and gender nonconforming identities in library work. In Baer, A., Cahoy, E., and Schroeder, R. (Eds.) Libraries Promoting Reflective Dialogue in a Time of Political Polarization. ACRL Publications: Chicago.
- Fisher, Z. & Seeber, K. (2017). Finding foundations: A model for information literacy assessment of first-year students. In the Library with the Lead Pipe. Retrieved from http://www.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org/2017/finding-foundations-a-model-for-information-literacy-assessment-of-first-year-students/
- Fisher, Z. (2017). Where is all the research about community college libraries? LibParlor. Retrieved from https://libparlor.com/2017/10/11/where-is-all-the-research-about-community-college-libraries/
- Fisher, Z. (2017). Facing the frames: Using the Framework as a guide for a credit-bearing information literacy course. College & Research Libraries News, 78(7), pp.354-358. doi:https://doi.org/10.5860/crln.78.7.354.
- Fisher, Z. (2017). What to ask when you’re given a new project. Letters to a Young Librarian.
- Fisher, Z., & Read, K. (2017). Librarians and services in college and community college libraries. In T. Gilman (Ed.), Academic Librarianship Today. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Fisher, Z. (2015, November). Hey, that’s my librarian! Perspectives on student engagement from a community college librarian. CHOICE, 53(3), 368-369.
Please Don’t Kill the Freshman: A Memoir
- Published by Harper Collins in 2003.
- Excerpted in Best American Non-Required Reading in 2002.
- Published as a chapbook by Future Tense Books in 2001.
- Libraries are the real punk rock. The Rumpus, 2017.
- Seven reasons to love Nicolas Cage. Queue Tips: Discovering Your Next Great Movie, 2012.
- “Simple Instructions” in Ink, 2012.
- “Hummingbird” in Portland Noir, 2009.
- “Pagan Baby” in The Art of Friction: Where (Non)Fictions Come Together, 2008.
- “Relent/Persist” in Sixteen: Stories About That Sweet & Bitter Birthday, 2004.
- “My Boyfriend Wears Lipstick” in Only Light Can Do That, 2017.